Videos of 2020 Vision Summit Panels Now Available!
Explore insights on what it will take to transition to 100% clean energy through video recordings of the panel discussions at the second annual IREC Vision Summit, held on March 11, 2020. Click on the title of the panel session you are interested in watching to view the recording.
As more states and municipalities adopt ambitious clean energy goals and work on implementation efforts, lessons and insights are beginning to emerge. This Keynote panel featured leaders from state and local governments to explore key themes around the path to 100% clean energy.
● Larry Shirley, President, Shirley Associates & IREC Board Chair (Moderator)
● Mark Ahlstrom, President, Energy Systems Integration Group
● Lorraine H. Akiba, President & CEO, LHA Ventures
● Bryn Baker, Director of Policy Innovation, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance
● Hon. Eduardo Bhatia, Senator, Senate of Puerto Rico
This session explored the regulatory reforms needed to connect more clean energy to the grid and support the decarbonization of the transportation and building sectors. Expert panelists will examine the confluence of technical, legal and procedural issues impacting deployment of clean energy, highlighting innovative approaches and emerging best practices.
● Sara Baldwin, Vice President – Regulatory, IREC (Moderator)
● Rachel Gold, Director, Utilities Program, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
● Ric O’Connell, Executive Director, GridLab
● Nicole Sitaraman, Senior Manager, Public Policy, Sunrun
● Steve Steffel, Manager, Distributed Energy Resources Planning and Analytics, PHI and Exelon Company
● Commissioner Sally Talberg, Chairman, Michigan Public Service Commission
This session featured clean energy workforce success stories from across the country, including training-to-jobs pipelines, supporting diversity in the industry and emerging opportunities for clean energy jobs in new communities.
● Laure-Jeanne Davignon, Vice President-Workforce Development, IREC (Moderator)
● Chandra Farley, Just Energy Director, Partnership for Southern Equity
● Staci Hoell, Workforce Development Manager, Solar on Multifamily Affordable Housing
● Mary Shoemaker, Senior Research Analyst, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
● Erika Symmonds, Vice President of Workforce Development and Service Learning, GRID Alternatives
As more places and businesses embrace the transition to 100% clean energy, the consumer and community perspectives will be key to informing workable strategies. This session explored how this transition impacts people and how diverse communities can realize new economic and workforce opportunities.
● Larry Sherwood, President & CEO, IREC (Moderator)
● Pari Kasotia, Mid-Atlantic Director, Vote Solar
● Steven Leitner, Chief Operating Officer, CAP Solar
● Janine Migden-Ostrander, Principal, Regulatory Assistance Project
● Ruth Ann Norton, President & CEO, Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
● Emma Searson, 100% Renewable Campaign Director, Environment America